02 Jan Top Tips To Plan Your wedding
Top Tips To Plan Your wedding. Its that time of the year, you may have received a gorgeous proposal over the festive period, or you may be getting married this year and need to get planning. The best thing to do is hire a professional wedding planner, but I would say that. 26% of UK couples now hire a planner, so it is on the increase and I know why. It takes on average 250 hours to plan a wedding and most couples are very time poor and so a planner is invaluable. They can also give you guidance and advice about things you may not have even considered.
Here are a few of my top tips to help you on your way:
- Sit down together and think about the type of wedding you would like and dream for a while, let your imagination go and write some things down.
- Decide what time of year is best for you both, weather is usually the deciding factor here.
- Where in the world? You might want to have a destination wedding or you may want to marry close to home. The world is your oyster but do think about who will be coming if you are asking them to travel along way.
- That brings me promptly on to the guest list. Sit down seperately and both write your guest lists. Then look at them together. The names you have on both are on the list. You then have to filter through the others. Be kind to each other and cpmpromise.
- Money, the budget. This is a biggie. If you have parents or relatives that have offered to contribute, then you need to have the money conversation with them. It can be tricky, but you need to know how much you are being given to spend on your wedding.
- Budget, you then need to do a bit of research and put together a realistic budget of where to allocate your money. Include everything that you need for your day and try to stick to yuor budget. You don’t want to start married life in massive debt.
- Decide what your priorities are. You may want to spend a lot on flowers. Your partner may want a really great band.
- Now its onto the venue/location search. This is the bit that takes ages. Even for a professional wedding planner like me, it can take quite a while to find the perfect place. You can make this easier by thinking about what style and feel you want your wedding to have. Do you want a marquee, a cool city venue, a country manor house or barn. Narrow it down before you start venue viewing.
If you would like to have some professional help planning your wedding. Get in touch to see how we can help. We offer a variety of services to help you.